Tuesday, March 22, 2016

February 1

Kaitlin Anderson anderson.kaitlin@myldsmail.net

AttachmentsFeb 1
to AllisonAlmaAnthonyAriaBradChasConnerDavidDrakeElderErinKyleeMichaelMiriammeRichardWillZachary
I cannot believe how amazing Louisiana is. The people here are so nice. Literally out of all the people who have gotten upset at us missionaries the one person who really let it all out and practically spat in our faced complimented us.  After he got out all his frustrations and anger he said, "but yall are very enthusiastic" and my companion said that that type of thing is the worst type of insults she gets. Wow, I couldnt believe that.  We do get a lot of hate and people who really believe that our religion goes against the bible where it says that nothing can be added to the bible. But people do it in such a loving way I cant help but love them. I feel like even if they didnt give us a compliment or water or a hug or anything I would still love them.
This week has been amazing.
On Tuesday I baked cookies for a new converts birthday. She is really great. And I committed an investigator to baptism :) It was just awesome.  We tracted a lot on Tuesday and we tracted to a mobile home that was in the middle of no where so we knocked on the door and before anyone could come out we saw two dogs coming towards us. haha, it was great but we were safe. They ended up being nice. And then the man opened the door and we taught him the restoration. It was an awesome experience. We were all scared of these big evil looking dogs and then the man came out of his home and scared off the nice dogs.
On Wednesday I had District Meeting. Those are pretty nice because it is a time where we work hard but also have a fun time.  We talk about our investigators and then we go out to eat as a district.
On Thursday I got to bike for the first time on my mission. It was great, a little hot and sweaty but nothing compared to the Summer I am sure. And while on bikes we met two sisters and they seemed really interested in the gospel. One was searching for a church and one had come to our church a couple of times with a friend. It sounds like their parents wouldnt let them come to church though, even though they are like 30 and 13. They are super sweet girls.
On Friday we went to a mans house and he was a sweet heart. He had a list of terrible things about the gospel and so we got to correct some of the false things he had heard and we got to explain some of the things he didnt understand. He was really old and his wife told him to stop and to let us leave. It was funny. I was fine with answering his questions but the wife felt like he was being mean and asked us to leave. So we gave her a hug and him a handshake and then we left.
On Saturday I saw a lizard outside my door. It was really cute and little (smaller than Conner's gecko Gerry) it was adorable but it definitely made me jump. I have seen a lot of things that I didn't think I would see. Like I have seen a raccoon just raccooning, haha. And a dead rat. It has just been interesting.
Sunday was amazing. On Sunday I baked cupcakes and we gave them to a woman in the ward. We didn't know if she was less active or a member but we knew that she recently moved so we brought her a house warming gift of cupcakes. Anyways, we went over there and we were talking and she said, "I dont know what yall have heard about my family...." and we all kept talking and we told her we hadnt heard anything. And then we left and my companion got mad that she thought we had heard something about her.  Missionaries hear a lot about members so it seemed totally reasonable that she may be upset if we had heard anything about her family. She is a super nice lady. Also on Sunday I was really tired. I just wanted to change into pajamas and go to sleep. But we had lots to do and so I had to stay up for a while. When I finally got to going to sleep I was relieved because we had just had a really busy day. When my companion and I go to sleep I have to make sure I fall asleep before she does because she snores and so I can stay asleep but I cannot fall asleep while she sleeps. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was really trying to fall back asleep but I couldn't. I thought about sleeping on the couch but we are told to not sleep in a different room as our companion so I thought I would just get up and start cleaning because that is how we start our monday mornings but we are told to not arise early to have alone time. So i didnt know what to do. I thought about praying but I have been praying about peoples eternal salvation. Should I really pray for my companion to stop snoring? Yes. I decided to pray that my companion would stop snoring and as soon as I said, "please make sister Nash stop snoring" she stopped snoring. It was before I could say amen. It was a beautiful thing. I know that Heavenly Father cares about us individually. He cares about our little needs and desires.  I was trying to do the right thing and I needed the Lord's help.
When we call on the Lord He will help us. Maybe not exactly the way we asked and maybe not in that exact moment, but He will bless us and help us. Heavenly Father loves us.  He knows when we have done all we can do and He is waiting, ready to help.
I love you all.
Love Always,
Sister Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment