Tuesday, March 22, 2016

JanuaRY 25

Kaitlin Anderson anderson.kaitlin@myldsmail.net

Jan 25
to AllisonAlmaAnthonyBradChadleyConnerChasDanielDavidDrakeElderErinGrandmaJaiseKyleeMichaelMiriammeRichardWillZachary
I went on exchanges this week. The exchanges changed my outlook of missions. Missions are about love. Before I went to the MTC I had decided that my goal was to make sure people know that they are loved but then I went to the MTC and then to the field and my outlook changed. I was teaching lessons instead of people. No one will care how much I know until they know how much I care.  I need to show people that I love them.  Going on exchanges helped me recognize that.  The sister I went on exchanges with was awesome, she had the biggest heart.   That is my goal.  I need to be determined, bold, loving, genuine, and I need to testify. I just love all of God's children.  And the Sister that I was with for exchanges kept telling me that her and I are so similar and so I need to just realize that and not focus so much on numbers or teaching lessons. I need to focus on one of my strong points which I feel like is loving others. I will work on that I am honestly excited to work on that because I do really love all of God's children.  And I love the quote, "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." that is soo true.  No one is perfect. That is okay. We didn't come to earth to be perfect.
When I was tracting we went to a house and three children answered the door.  We asked if their parents were home and the two oldest ones said no but the littlest one said yes. It was so funny. We just told them to give our card to their parents and then before they could shut the door we heard their parents.  It was a funny experience.  Sister Nash and I like to laugh at all of our funny experiences.  Another time this man asked us who the creator of the church was so I said innocently "Jesus" and then he was like "no, no, you know, the creator of your church." so Sister Nash looked at him and said, "OHHHH!! Jesus" all innocently again. It was the funniest thing.  Then she said, "I think you are thinking about Joseph Smith" and then he was like "Yeah! Him." Sister Nash and I like teaching true doctrine, and sometimes that means making people a little upset. But hey, I think it is great that we can have fun while talking about our religion. "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy."
This week I also tried a pickled carrot. That was not too bad. The food here is honestly really good. Really fatty but that is alright and sometimes really spicy, but it is all really good. And I have been cooking which has been fun.  I've made some casseroles and some spaghetti squash. There are also some yummy pizza places around here.
On Thursday Sister Nash and I received a text at about 2 that said there was a tornado warning later on this evening.  We continued to tracked and then we were knocking on someones door and she pulled up and ran inside and said she didnt have time to talk with us because she had to grab money and go to the store because she needed to buy water.  She told us to go home and to come back some other time but that we needed to go home.  So Sister Nash and I went into our car and prayed about it (the weather was sunny and no breeze) but we knew we needed to go home.  On our way home the rain started coming down like no bodies business! It was crazy! And there were puddles everywhere and the wind started picking up.  We went inside our house and we were texting a women from the ward for weather updates. She told us the tornado warning was no longer a warning but a watch. I thought that was a good thing but then my companion said that the watch was worse than the warning so we put on our shoes and bike helmets and sat inside a closet. It was pretty funny.  The storm pretty much ended at 10 and so we went to sleep but we slept with water and flashlights. It was honestly pretty cool. The next morning we went outside and there were big tree branches on the ground right outside our house but our house was fine which is great.
We are all totally safe. I love you all sooo much :)
Love Always,
Sister Anderson

This is when I went on exchanges and this is the Sister who kept saying that her and I are so so similar. She is awesome so I would be happy to be like her :)
Displaying DSCN0077[1].JPG
Displaying DSCN0077[1].JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment