Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

On Feb 15, 2016 10:58 AM, "Kaitlin Anderson" <anderson.kaitlin@myldsmail.net> wrote:
This week has been so great. I have learned so much and I am so thankful that this gospel can't be learned all at once because I honestly love that I can continue to learn and grow in the gospel. How boring would it be to just say, "I know everything I can know sit here and experience no more of life" how terrible would that be? Super terrible.
Wednesday was amazing. There is a family who has two little girls. These little girls love my long hair and I think it is the cutest thing. They will run up to me and hug me and scream "Elsa" and it is adorable. One of them gave me a Mardi Gras mask and the other one gave me a Valentine's card. They are just so sweet. We are preparing their parents to go to the temple. I am so excited about them going to the temple. They want to be sealed and live with each other for time and all eternity. It is so cute. I am just so excited for that family.
Thursday was an amazing day. We were looking for Less Active members and we got to talk to so many people! So first we were looking for a woman and we knocked on her door and asked her if she was the Sister we were looking for. She told us she was not but we decided to get to know her anyways. She was super nice and she has been looking for a church. She wasnt sure what she believed in and wanted to know what religion to go to.  She almost started crying and told us to come back when she wasnt sick. I am really excited for her. After talking with her we went to a less actives house and she let us right in.  She said she still had a testimony but worked on sundays. She then said that her 15 year old son wasnt a member and that we could come back and teach him and that is really exciting. Then later that day we knocked on a woman's door and asked if it was the less active. She said it wasnt but asked us if we already had a dinner appointment, we said no, so she let us in and we had chicken nuggets. She told us that she used to be a member but that she wasnt interested. So we ate and just talked about work and her kids. It was really fun and she had peacock colored hair, I am getting lots of ideas for when I go home ;)
On Friday we were knocking on doors and a woman asked us about our believes and so we told her about the church but it is really hard to sum up the entire religion on the door step. So we told her about the restoration and she didnt care about that and wanted to hear about God, makes sense :) So we told her more about that and then we left her with a restoration pamphlet.  We then walked away and before we could knock on the next houses door I looked at my companion and she said, "I should have given her a plan of salvation pamphlet." so I said, "Lets go" I dont think my companion loved the idea but it went so good. I am so glad we went back and when we went back she let us inside her house. It was great.  Also, my companion got a Q-tip stuck in her ear, like some of the fuzz. Which was kind of funny but painful for her so I felt bad.
On Saturday we went to a doctor for Sister Nash's ear. It would have been easy to go home after going to the doctor and it would have just been easy to not work as hard this week because Sister Nash's ear and she was sick and it was just kind of a hard week. But we know that Satan works hard when something great is about to happen. So we kept working hard. And we met a man on the street and he wasnt interested so we kept knocking on doors and we knocked on his door (like an hour and a half after we just talked to him) we could have easily been like, welp, he isnt interested, but we tried again and this time he listened and asked questions and it was so great. God works in mysterious ways and we need to keep working hard with people and see people as God sees them.
Sunday was Valentine's day :) It was so great focusing on love. I learned three things in church.
1. you cant pray away someones agency. Agency is a person's second best gift from God. The first is only our bodies. We wouldnt pray for someone to lose their body.
2. would we be excited if Eve moved in next door? I would be. remember that next time a murderers mother moves in. Remember that we are responsible for our actions and that everyone sins.
3. Doctrine and Covenants 89 is revelation from God. Verses 3-4.
I love yall soooo much and I am loving my mission sooo much. Stay strong and always remember that God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment