Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 7

Kaitlin Anderson

Mar 7
to AllisonAlmaAnthonyBradChadleyChasConnerDavidDrakeElderErinGrandmaKyleeKyleeMichaelLoriMiriamNikimeRichardWillZachary
This week has been amazing. My companion, Sister Bradshaw, told me that she had never worked so hard on her mission to receive such small numbers. That tells me that the church is true! We were told in the last Zone Conference that being a missionary would get harder, like that planning will take longer and will be more meaningful and will take more mental strength.  Even though it is harder, we were told that the numbers would decrease. Sadly, our numbers did decrease. We didn't do as much tracting and we did not get as many other lessons. Sadly, no investigator was at church. Yet, we have the Spirit with us. We know that we must continue to work are hardest and be exactly obedient. I am excited for the days to come.  We have been waking up on time every morning and following the missionary schedule and that helps me know that we are doing all that we can. And when we tract and people aren't interested in the gospel we ask for referrals, ask if they are interested in family history, or ask if they need any service. I love being a missionary. I love following the Spirit. One of my favorite songs is "I believe in Christ" I do believe in Christ. I not only believe in Christ but I believe Christ. I believe that His ways are greater than my ways. I believe that I need to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and that is how I receive success and receive the feeling that I have done all that I can do. 
I have been giving people the commitments and that is fun because that means I get to promise them blessings too. We are here to teach repentance and baptize converts and giving people commitments is how people repent, change. So that is pretty cool.
On Tuesday (3/1/16) I got to be super close to a squirrel. A new member caught a baby squirrel and had it inside his house and it was sooo cute! I wanted to touch it but if it bites it can apparently do serious damage. So I didn't touch it. It was cool that he caught the squirrel on Tuesday because I caught a lizard that morning. I was exercising in the morning and saw a lizard on the wall!! So I climbed onto the washing machine and caught the lizard! Then we let her go because we decided we didn't want to have to catch crickets for it. It would have been cool to have a pet though.
On Wednesday (3/2/16) We went and did service for a family in the ward. It was pretty fun. We raked and it was good. We got to meet the family and kids. After we raked they took us out to Golden Dragon and while we were there I ate fish eggs and frog legs. The frog legs were green and just looked like a frogs legs. That was kind of gross. I took a bite and didn't eat any more than that.
On Thursday (3/3/16) We gave a less active family cookies. They haven't really been the nicest to us so we were unsure but thought, "what the hey, why not." so we gave them cookies.
Friday (3/4/16), we ate dinner at 10pm. That is how you know you are a missionary :P we had a really busy day and that is good :D haha, it was hard but so good.
On Saturday (3/5/16) we were going to a woman's house and we got stuck behind a train. We were there for a long time, like 30 minutes! The train had stopped on the tracks and there was no other way to get to her home besides going completely around the train which would have taken longer that 30 minutes because the way the roads were. Anyways, we waited there (eating our packed lunches) and then we finally got to go. The train came at an amazing time. We were needing to eat lunch somewhere AND on the other side of the train there was an accident. We could have been right were that accident was if it wasnt for that train. I honestly did the math and we should have been right there coming home from our appointment but instead it happened right after we passed. That sounds confusing but it was such a miracle. Anyways, we were happy. And then we went to Texas Road House with a family and it was super yummy and the Spirit was so strong even though we were at a restaurant. We got to know them and got to let them know they are loved.
On Sunday (3/6/16) we had a mission wide fast for missionary work. It was Awesome. I bore my testimony and I really felt the Spirit during the sacrament. I am so thankful that I can partake of the sacrament every week. I really need that and am so thankful for the Atonement. The church is true :) I am so thankful for the gospel. I am so thankful for the Atonement and the Resurrection. I love yall so much. Keep striving to be like Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment