Tuesday, March 22, 2016

January 18

Kaitlin Anderson anderson.kaitlin@myldsmail.net

Jan 18
to AllisonAnthonyAriaBradChasConnerDanielDavidErinIolaniKyleeKyleeMichaelmeRichardZacharyWill
Louisiana is amazing!!!!
So the airplane here was kind of terrible and like it made me really nauseous and afterward I felt super dizzy and like when I tried to sleep I couldn't sleep very well because when ever I closed my eyes I felt like I was spinning. But while on the airplane I had a lot of fun. The airplane was way cool and my companion and I checked out the toilets to see if they were like the ones we saw in the movies.  They were like that. Haha, where there isn't any water. It was interesting. Hahaha, but I flew to Georgia then Mississippi.  Then I spent the night in Mississippi and I drove to Louisiana.
So on the 12th, I met Sister Nash (my trainer) she is like 6 feet 2 inches. She makes me look even smaller and younger but that is okay.  I have learned that the people here talk a lot and slow but about nothing, so I am learning patients. I am used to people talking fast and not really being redundant. Its interesting here but it is good.  And like I have a missionary in my district who was like overly explaining something and I just had to say "Elder, I understand you. Please continue." It was really funny but I am learning, I guess he knew that people here are used to hearing the same things multiple times.  And my trainer says that they teach the same lessons over and over and over again. That is not what I was expecting at all, but we will see how that goes.
On the 13th I woke up in my bed, it was awesome to finally feel like I have a bed. Like a bed that is mine for the next 12 or so weeks.  I am really loving tracting and just meeting everyone that is here. I also have been waking up and doing a Jillian Michaels workout and that has honestly been so fun.
On the 14th I went tracting and I met two cousins and they are super nice. They let us teach them the first lesson about the restoration and the spirit was so strong. And it has been cool practicing reciting the 1st vision because even though I would say it lots and lots of times I would feel the Spirit when I said it.  It is a powerful vision. Sister Nash and I continued to tract when I saw a man in a car. I remembered when I went on splits with Sister Tuigamala and I was scared to approach someone in their car and I made Sister Tuigamala do most of the talking and I always looked back on that experience kind of with frustration with my own scared self so I was the one that approached this man in the car and I had to tell my trainer that we should talk to him. It was awesome. I am planning on going and visiting him again and seeing what he thinks of what we told him. It was great.  It shows us that we learn and grow from our pasts and that makes me happy.
The 15th was awesome because it was my fist time saying the 1st vision in a lesson. Well, kind of my second but the first time was more for practice.
The 16th was crazy and a little funny. I said my morning prayer and in my morning prayer I decided to pray to be healthier (because I was feeling not as healthy as when I was home) so I prayed for health. So then I got ready for the day and went out to the kitchen area and in that area I saw a box with a bow and a card with someone from the wards name on it. It was interesting so I opened the box and inside was all the candy in the house (except for jolly ranchers which really aren't that great) and so that was pretty funny. My companion then said we were going to give it to a 93 year old lady. I have no clue why we would give all our candy to a 93 year old lady. Like literally 93 (I would capitalize it but its numbers so I cant) anyways, we gave it to her. Apparently my companion missed an appointment with her previously and they have like never missed an appointment with her so she felt bad. Haha. It was too perfect to be anything but a miracle.
On Sunday I bore my testimony (because I was asked to do so by the bishop even though it wasn't fast Sunday) and gave a woman a church tour. She came to church and wanted a tour so we showed her around and then we gave her a lesson after church. It was really good. She asked us to convince her that the church is true and we said she had to find out for herself and told her to read the Book of Mormon.  Then we tracted for a while. It was so much fun. We kept getting doors slammed on our faces but we were like singing and quoting scripture and it was so fun and we were bothering people when they said "we want nothing to do with your church" and we would say "have a blessed day" it was pretty great. Anyways. At one house we knocked and we were going to leave but it was cold so my companion was going to give me her sweater (she had a sweater and a coat and I had nothing) so while she was doing so a kind lady drove up, she talked to us and she was amazing. Like super amazing. We gave her a Book of Mormon and the restoration pamphlet.  And we have a return appointment. It has been a blessed week. I am realizing that God does work in mysterious ways.  Like often when I read scriptures I have found that the scriptures I have read have gone perfectly with lessons I have taught and I have been able to use those scriptures.  Like my companion and I were planning on studying the plan of salvation and in personal study I was on 2nd Nephi 2. And that is so perfect for the plan of salvation. God blesses those who are trying to do what is right.
1 Nephi 22:20. God numbers His sheep.  When I first read that I didn't really love it, I don't want to just be some number. I thought about it and realized that shepherds would only count their sheep if they don't want to lose them. It makes me happy to know that God is looking out for me and want me to be safe and happy. I love y'all sooo much!
Love Always,
Sister Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment