Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Week 1


Kaitlin Anderson anderson.kaitlin@myldsmail.net

Displaying IMG_0029.JPG
Jan 6
to AliAllisonAlmaAnthonyAriaBradChadleyChasConnerDanielDavidDianeDrakeEmilyErinEugeneGaryGrandmaJaiseKarrieKyleeKyleeKyleeLoriMichael
Hey Y'all!!!
The first day I got here was 12/30/15
On the first day I came to the MTC and said good bye to my family for a year and a half. It was hard to say good bye but I was so excited to be at the MTC. I went to pick up all my books and stuff and then I dropped off all my belongings into my residence.  When I was in the residence all I could do was put my stuff down (I couldn't even get a notebook out of my bags). And then I had to go to class. When I got to my classroom there were my teachers and one elder. I said hello and sat down and introduced myself.  Then two other elders came and then two other sisters came.  I got really excited because I was thinking one of the sisters was going to be my companion.  One of them looked similar to me and one looked totally different but I was excited to have either of them as my companion.  Then I found out they were both my companion.  It was pretty cool.  We had classes until dinner time and then we went to dinner and had pretty yummy food.  There was even ice cream because it was out first day.
The second day was 12/31/15 (New years eve)
It was kind of sad because I knew I was missing out on the family celebrations but I was really happy.  Today in class I learned about reading the scriptures horizontally instead of vertically. I loved that so much! It was so great. We spend a really long time in class but I am learning really interesting things so it has been really great. During my evening classes we were interviewed by a gentleman. It was a good interview and the man seemed super nice.  His family liked running and he told me I looked like a runner which made my day. After we were all interviewed we were given assignments/calling. I am a Sister training leader, Senior Companion, Online Coordinator, Pianist, and Travel leader. It felt really awesome to have those callings. It made me feel really good but I was so surprised.
1/1/16 (New Years Day!)
I love when people say "Hello sisters" and I say "Happy New Years" and it totally makes the missionaries day because they forgot about it. It is the best they always said "wow! its a new year" like they were honestly surprised because it is like a normal day.  Also today we did service. I was cleaning the bathrooms and it reminded me of working at Shakey's and cleaning the bathrooms. It made me miss it but it also made me feel really good about not just cleaning a restaurant but cleaning a building dedicated for the Lord and dedicated for learning.
1/2/16
Today was AMAZING! I felt the Spirit so strong today.  One of the Elders in my district (Elder Sanders) bore his testimony and he was asking me questions about my life and how I am doing and feeling and it was just amazing.  I know I have my questions about the gospel but I know that the gospel is not supposed to come all at once.  We need to learn and grow and it is so great. Like we are continually learning about the gospel.  The Bible and Book of Mormon are big books meant to be read over and over and over. And I love that. I was challenged to fast for the Wednesday (today) temple trip and Elder Sanders said he would fast for me and with me.  I really loved that because the temple can be confusing and he feels like he understands it pretty well because he was a temple worker.
1/3/16
Today is fast sunday.  I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting and I felt the Spirit while doing so.  I also played three songs in sacrament meeting on the piano and it was really hard but I am glad I got to have that challenge.  After sacrament meeting I taught the Relief Society lesson.  It went really good and I was actually cut short, like there was not enough time for all the things I wanted to teach. I honestly really loved that lesson, I really hope that didn't sound prideful. I think I was just blessed to know what needed to be said, maybe no one else felt the Spirit but I really felt the Spirit. Also I watched a video that emphasized the darkness surrounding Joseph Smith, it was interesting.  Like it was saying how hard it was for Joseph Smith and that Satan doesn't want us to succeed so he will actually be worse for the stronger people and he doesn't come as himself but as what we want. Satan comes as our own desires and I'm explaining that poorly but it was interesting.  Like if we have doubt in the church he will emphasize what ever we are questioning. It was so interesting.  I felt the Spirit and I know that Joseph Smith did really pray and received an answer and I know he really did translate the Book of Mormon.
1/4/16
Sister Jones has a hurt ankle so we had to leave the MTC, it was AWESOME. HAHA. We found out that she is totally okay and if she wasn't then it wouldn't have been awesome. but she is okay so it was great to leave the MTC even if it was to go to the clinic.  It was fun.
Also, today we were walking into the cafeteria and the manager pulled us aside and asked us to come to the back room with him.  We went with him and he gave us chocolate peppermint shakes from CHik-Fil-A. He only had ten and we were picked.  It totally made my day. I also got to watch a little general conference video at the clinic and it was fun.  It was about the importance of motherhood and I loved it so much!
1/5/16
Elder Sanders: "Rhonda Rousey is so hot and so awesome"
Me: "I love Rhonda Rousey"
Elder Crawford: "Rhonda Rousey is so hideous"
*ten seconds go by, Elder Crawford looks at me*
Elder Crawford: "You look like Rhonda Rousey"
So.... I can either take that one of two ways.  I can take that as Elder Crawford thinks I am hideous or I can take that as Elder Sanders thinks I'm hot. Haha, I just laughed it off but it was like "wow" thanks elder. It was alright though. Afterwards Elder Crawford was like "no, I just dont like her so I said she was hideous but you actually look like a fighter and so thats why I saw the resemblance" He felt really bad and was like "no, no, no, thats not what I meant" but it was alright.  Like, I really like her so I think it is a compliment. And if I'm not supposed to use the word "hot" because I am a missionary, well.... sorry I guess :P haha. Like, I was just quoting someone else, but I know that doesn't make it right.
1/6/16
I went to the temple today.  I am so thankful I have a temple so close by and I am thankful that the temple is so beautiful.  I am also thankful that my companions and district is so amazing. I hope life at home is amazing. Life here is good. We are in classes for hours and hours but it has been so good. We have about 9 hours of class time and 3ish hours of study scripture time.  It is so busy but so crazy. Later today I have another appointment with an investigator and those are always fun.  Being here really is fun. It is crazy and spiritual, and inspirational and fun.
Keep reading scriptures and praying.  We pray so much here and I am so thankful for the power of prayer. When ever you have a question: pray. I have learned that we can pray at any time. We pray so much here and praying enables us to better teach the person and not just teach the lesson. I love that.  Teach the person. Not the lesson.  That is so important and my companionship has been working really hard to do that when we teach our many many investigators (many of them are our teachers) here at the MTC.

I love you,
Sister Anderson
Displaying IMG_0029.JPG
Displaying IMG_0029.JPG
Displaying IMG_0029.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment