Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Leap Year!

February 29

Feb 29
to AllisonAlmaAnthonyBradConnerDavidDrakeElderErinGrandmaJaiseKyleeKyleeLoriMichaelMiriamNikimeRichardWillZachary
Happy Leap Year Day!
Is that a thing? Maybe, I'm not sure. Anyways, I hope yall are doing amazing and that you are loving this year. I get to be a missionary for 2016 and it gets to be an extra long year! :DDD
This week has been so great. On Monday I just cleaned and did the normal missionary stuff because P-day would be on Tuesday instead of Monday. Then on Tuesday we drove to a church kind of far away (Gulf Port) and spent P-day there. I said good bye to Sister Nash and then hung out at the church. We drove to get some food and while we were driving it started to rain like crazy. I had never driven in rain like that and it had been like 8 weeks. So that was kind of scary but we prayed at we were safe. Then we got back to the church and we checked the weather and it was supposed to be really bad and everyone that we had appointments with canceled because of the weather.  Then my companion got to the church and we had to drive home. It is about an hour drive and by that time the rain had gotten really bad. Not only had I never driven in rain like that but I had never seen rain like that. We had to get home and so we kept driving. I thought about pulling over and maybe even spending the night in the car because neither of us knew what was happening. I decided to pray and less than a minute after I prayed the rain eased. It was still raining but I no longer felt like I was driving underwater. And I got to know Sister Bradshaw. She is very nice and I love being the "leader" because I have been here longer so I get to say which people we get to go and see and that is fun.
On Wednesday (2/24/16) we got to have a lesson with a man named Christian. He had a lot of questions about where we came from, where we are going, and why we are here. It was awesome. We got to teach him the plan of salvation and the lesson helped me realize how hand in hand the bible and the book of Mormon and doctrine and covenants are.  I also tutored a young woman in the ward and it was super fun teaching her math. I honestly really enjoyed doing math. The education here is kind of sad and it makes me realize how important education really is.
On Thursday (2/25/16) I taught a lesson to an active member of the church who was feeding us dinner.  The lesson was on prophets and I got to tell her the importance of gaining a testimony for herself about prophets. I could tell her until I am blue in the face that I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God but that it wouldn't mean anything to her until she prayed about it and gained that testimony for herself. Missionaries really are just facilitators for the Spirit.
On Friday (2/26/16) I talked to Trinity, one of our progressing investigators and we talked to her even more about baptism. She has been wanting to be baptized and she said her mom finally said she could be, she had to ask twice. And that is so exciting. I love Trinity so much. She is such a sweet heart. She still has a lot to learn about the gospel but she is just amazing. I also got a letter from a friend and it said, "Do as a cross country star... Hit the ground running." That is like my motto now :)
On Saturday we taught a man named Ken and he told us that he had lots of Mormon friends and that he was wondering about their religion but he never really asked. I wonder how many of my friends wondered but never asked. I bet people see us and wonder why we do what we do. We should just tell them.
Sunday was amazing. Church is always amazing. We taught the gospel principles class and I played piano for primary. I love partaking of the sacrament. Church is such a personal thing and I love that. I love yall so much and I hope everyone has a great week. Keep being awesome. 
​This is Sister Nash, Nina, and I.  She was baptized a couple weeks ago and we are now teaching her the new member lessons. She is amazing. I love her so much! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment